Have you been denied compensation and you now have an ACC dispute?

Louise Newman heads our ACC specialist litigation team in Wellington and has successfully won cases and negotiated payouts for multiple clients across New Zealand, mostly relating to:

  • Disputes related to weekly compensation 
  • Attendant care 
  • Treatment injuries
  • Lump sum and/or 
  • Independence allowances 
  • Levy disputes 
  • Home modifications 

Due to the complex nature of most ACC cases (this is mostly to do with the medical evidence that is required to support your claim), we are honest and upfront in the initial consultation with you. 

How much is an ACC lawyer? Fees are based upon an hourly rate, to understand more about our fees and how we can help you, please contact Louise via submitting the form, below and provide a description of your ACC case thus far. We will assess your enquiry and contact you with our advice.

How we will help you with your ACC dispute

Gibson Sheat Lawyers can help you with an ACC dispute in a number of ways:

  1. Reviewing your claim: We can review the details of your ACC claim, including any relevant medical reports, to determine if there are any grounds for dispute.

  2. Advising on the dispute resolution process: We can advise you on the best course of action to resolve your dispute, whether that be through the ACC's internal dispute resolution process, or through the courts.

  3. Representing you in negotiations: We can represent you in negotiations with the ACC to help you reach a settlement that is fair and just.

  4. Representing you in court: In the event that your dispute cannot be resolved through negotiations, we can represent you in court proceedings to argue your case and secure the compensation you are entitled to.

  5. Providing legal advice: We can provide you with legal advice on the ACC claims process, your rights and obligations, and any other relevant legal issues that may arise during your dispute.
Important: We aren't legal aid lawyers

What does this mean? 

Legal aid is Government funding to pay for legal help for people who need a lawyer but cannot afford one. Gibson Sheat Lawyers do not do legal aid work. 

We're unable to give a certain view whether you are eligible for legal aid. If you wish to explore legal aid further you should obtain further information from the Legal Services Agency website (link below) – or from a registered legal aid lawyer. The Legal Services Agency website contains a search tool to help you find legally aided lawyers, with practice areas and towns available as search categories.

Legal Aid Link for ACC Disputes


Get in touch with our ACC specialists