Due to growth in our commercial practice, Gibson Sheat is creating a new role in our Lower Hutt commercial team . In this role you will work with two partners on a wide variety of interesting commercial and property work, including reviewing and drafting commercial contracts, franchising, subdivisions, commercial leasing, business and commercial property acquisitions and disposals, corporate governance, finance and securities. One day you might be negotiating a contract to sell an airbridge to an Australian airport, the next day you might be completing the sale of a local New World.
- have already gained experience as a commercial and/or property lawyer within a firm
- enjoy working with and helping people, as we are client focussed in everything we do
- have excellent verbal and written skills- communication will come easily to you
- be logical, thorough and practical, as our clients need accurate tailored advice they can act on
- have a strong business and marketing mind-set and be the kind of person who is always looking out for new opportunities
- be a self-starter, flexible, and willing to give anything a go.
This role offers:
- someone undertaking general work in a small firm the opportunity to specialise and develop their skills, enjoying the resources and social aspects of working in a larger firm
- someone working in a larger firm greater autonomy and better work/life balance
- the chance to work in our particularly well regarded franchise and property practices
- a supportive and collegial team environment – we’re small enough to stand around and tackle the daily quiz in the Dominion Post over cheese and crackers, but big enough to have regular social events between our offices in Wellington, Lower Hutt and Masterton
- on-going professional development through a range of varied learning and development offerings
- a competitive remuneration package and a wide range of staff benefits
- genuine career advancement opportunities for the right person.
Although this role is full-time, we are open to proposals for flexible working arrangements.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, covering letter and academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 30 August 2019
Applicants must have, or be eligible to apply for, a practising certificate in New Zealand.