Gibson Sheat
Published on

When purchasing a property, obtaining a Land Information Memorandum (“LIM”) report from the relevant council is strongly recommended.


A LIM report provides all the documents that a council has on records for a property. Each LIM report contains different information, as some properties may be new builds, while others are just sections or older homes etc.


Some examples of what could be found in a LIM report are:

  • soil reports;
  • whether resource consent and certificate code of compliance (“CCC”) have been obtained and issued;
  • if there are any building works in the area currently being completed or will be in the near future;
  • when and how much your rates are;
  • engineers report;
  • if the property is located on or near a known archaeological site;
  • if the property is in a flood zone or high wind zone; and/ or
  • if the property is a known leaky home or has tested positive.