Christin has joined Gibson Sheat as a Senior Associate in our Masterton office, bringing extensive experience in helping clients across the Wairarapa with their personal and business legal needs.
Having emigrated from Germany to New Zealand in 2004, after studying for an agriculture degree, she has built her legal career entirely in the Wairarapa, including working at two other local firms after graduating from Victoria University.
Christin considers herself a true general practice lawyer with a broad range of expertise in various areas of law. Her areas of focus include:
- Relationship property (division of assets in case of a relationship breakdown)
- Estate administration (managing a person's legal and financial affairs after they pass away)
- Elder law (specialty law affecting the senior population)
- Property law (buying or selling a home, arranging a survey, conveyancing, etc.)
- Trusts (setting up and managing an entity that holds money or property for beneficiaries)
- Sale and purchase of businesses and leases
- Succession planning
- Property law (conveyancing for farms)
Outside of work, Christin enjoys staying active and exploring nature through hiking and travelling.