A fantastic opportunity for a senior commercial and property lawyer with 7+ years PQE
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive and collegial team environment
- A great place to work if you value balance, great team culture, and a variety of quality work
We have a vacancy for an Associate or a Senior Associate level lawyer in our Lower Hutt Commercial team
In this role you will work predominantly with partner Rhys Williams on a wide variety of interesting commercial and property work, including reviewing and drafting commercial contracts, franchising, subdivisions, off the plan sales for developers, commercial leasing, business and commercial property acquisitions and disposals, corporate governance, finance, trusts, conveyancing, and securities. One day you might be negotiating a contract for COVID-19 clinical trials at a university in Australia, the next day you might be completing the sale of a local New World.
We’re looking for someone who has already gained at least seven years of experience as a commercial and/or property lawyer within a firm.
We’re also looking for someone who:
- enjoys working with and helping people, as we’re client focussed in everything we do.
- is logical, thorough, and practical, as our clients need accurate tailored advice they can act on.
- has a strong business and marketing mind-set and be the kind of person who is always looking out for new opportunities.
- is effective and enjoys mentoring and coaching others.
- is a self-starter, driven, flexible, and willing to give anything a go.
Gibson Sheat is a large mid-size firm, so if you’re currently working in a small firm and doing a wide range of general work, this role will offer you the opportunity to specialise and develop your skills, and enjoy the resources and social aspects of working in a larger firm. If you’re currently working in a larger firm this role will give you greater autonomy, variety, and a much better work/life balance.
This role also offers:
- the chance to work in our particularly well regarded franchise and property practices.
- a supportive and collegial team environment – we’re small enough to stand around and tackle the daily quiz in the Dominion Post over cheese and crackers, but big enough to have regular social events between our offices in Wellington, Lower Hutt and Masterton.
- on-going professional development through a range of varied learning and development offerings.
- a competitive remuneration package and a wide range of staff benefits.
- genuine career advancement opportunities for the right person.
Although this role is full-time, we are open to proposals for flexible working arrangements.
Applicants must have, or be eligible to apply for, a practising certificate in New Zealand.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, covering letter, and academic transcript to Anna Holland-Waterson, HR Manager at email@example.com.