Tony's career as a solicitor started with Simon Mortlock Lawyers in Christchurch in 1997. In 2002 he became a partner in the firm, and in 2006 it merged with McCormack Law and became known as Mortlock McCormack Law. Tony practiced as a partner there for 15 years until love moved him to Wellington, and he joined Gibson Sheat as a partner in March 2021.
Tony provides commercial and property advice, for all kinds of legal issues and problems, to government departments, SME's and individuals. Most often, his advice is delivered in a pragmatic and common-sense manner. Occasionally, he gets animated. It's a sight to behold.
Tony is also a notary public and can assist with authenticating documents for use either domestically or internationally.
Tony's community involvement includes:
- Vice President, Auckland District Law Society Inc
- Chairman, AFS Educational Trust
- Board Member, Parkview Parua School
- Honorary solicitor, Deaf Sports Federation of New Zealand
- NZLS Panel of Friends member