This is a wonderful opportunity for a gradate to to kick start their career in commercial law.
Gibson Sheat is progressive commercial law firm with offices in Wellington, Lower Hutt and Masterton.
We are looking for a law graduate to join our busy commercial team, in our Lower Hutt office.
In this role, we will train you to become a great lawyer by getting you involved in a wide variety of interesting commercial and property work, including commercial contracts, franchising, subdivisions, residential conveyancing, commercial leasing, business and commercial property acquisitions and disposals, corporate governance, finance and securities.
You will have the opportunity to learn from several partners, and will learn invaluable lessons which will help you kick start your legal career on the right track.
Skills and experience
We are looking for the kind of person that wants to work with people who enjoy their job, and will work hard to help our clients. We’re also looking for someone who:
- Has completed or has almost completed their law degree
- Has excellent written and communication skills
- Has excellent research skills
- Has a “can do” attitude.
This job offers:
- Excellent formal (external seminars, webinars and weekly internal seminars) and informal (mentoring) learning opportunities
- Great mentoring by approachable and knowledgeable senior lawyers
- Other graduates and junior lawyers to socialise with
- A supportive and collegial team environment – we’re small enough to stand around and tackle the daily quiz in the Dominion Post over cheese and crackers, but big enough to have regular social events between our offices in Wellington, Lower Hutt and Masterton.
- A competitive remuneration package and a wide range of staff benefits.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, covering letter and academic transcript to
email@example.com by Sunday, 10 November 2019.