- Location: Lower Hutt
- Wide variety of interesting work
- Collegial, supportive, and energising work environment
Gibson Sheat is a long established and well-respected large mid-size firm providing a broad range of legal services for its business and personal clients. We have offices in Lower Hutt, Wellington and Masterton. If you’re currently working in a small firm and doing a wide range of general work, this role will offer you the opportunity to specialise and develop your skills, and enjoy the resources and social aspects of working in a larger firm. If you’re currently working in a larger firm this role will give you greater autonomy, variety, and a much better work/life balance.
About This Role
You will work with Rhys Williams on a wide variety of interesting commercial and property work, including reviewing and drafting commercial contracts, franchising, subdivisions, off the plan sales for developers, commercial leasing, business and commercial property acquisitions and disposals, corporate governance, finance, trusts, conveyancing, and securities. One day you might be negotiating a contract for COVID-19 clinical trials at a university in Australia, the next day you might be completing the sale of a local New World. The team are collaborative, friendly, and approachable.
If there are particular areas of their practices that interest you more than others, we are open to tailoring the role to suit, to enable you to progress your career in the areas you are passionate about. There is a large established client base here and the team will support you in transitioning relationships to you, so that you can hit the ground running. The clients in the region are a pleasure to work with – they are down to earth and appreciative.
You will get on-going professional development through a range of varied learning and development offerings, a competitive remuneration package and a wide range of staff benefits, as well as genuine career advancement opportunities for the right person.
What You Will Bring
At least 3 years of post-admission experience - all levels of experience will be considered beyond that.
- Relatable person that enjoys working with and helping people
- Logical, thorough, and practical
- A strong business and marketing mind-set and be the kind of person who is always looking out for new opportunities
- A self-starter, driven, flexible, and willing to give anything a go
This Role Offers
- a wide range of work, but also the opportunity to specialise in your chosen areas.
- a supportive and collegial team environment - we really look after our people.
- on-going professional development through a range of varied learning and development offerings.
- autonomy and work/life balance.
- great career advancement opportunities
- a competitive remuneration package and a wide range of staff benefits.
Although this role is full-time, we are open to proposals for flexible working arrangements.
We embrace diversity and inclusion, and value different perspectives. We therefore encourage applications from a diverse applicant pool. We are committed to cultivating an environment where everyone respects and supports each other so that together we thrive.
Applicants must have, or be eligible to apply for, a practising certificate in New Zealand.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV, covering letter, and academic transcript to Anna Holland-Waterson (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org