This role has now been filled
Are you looking for a role surrounded by great people in a dynamic and fun environment that inspires you to do your best work?
Gibson Sheat Lawyers is an iconic and well-respected law firm with offices in Wellington, Lower Hutt and Masterton. We are proud to have provided a range of personal and business legal services to our region for over 90 years and have a long-standing connection with many local causes and community groups.
We’re looking for a Risk and Compliance Manager. In this position you will play a pivotal role, working alongside everyone within our firm to help us manage our risks.
About the role:
- Develop the firm’s strategy on how best to manage our key risks
- Take a lead role in regularly scanning the environment to ensure that our firm is aware of all new significant risks
- Embed the risk management and compliance frameworks, including maintaining and revising our risk register
- Update risk related policies and procedures to align with current legislation
- Provide training sessions on risk and compliance related policies or programmes, and last but not least, you will
- Support the AML compliance officer with anti-money laundering processes within the firm, including answering AML queries, AML training, and improving the AML processes for our people.
Why Gibson Sheat Lawyers?
While others expect you to give up your life, we expect you to have one! Joining the Gibson Sheat team means:
- a supportive and friendly team environment where you’re encouraged to be yourself.
- regular training and development opportunities – for work and for life
- varied and interesting work. No two days will be the same
- a competitive remuneration package and a wide range of benefits
- flexibility in your hours and days, if that’s what you’re after
- a great workplace culture – we all work really hard but we like to have a lot of fun too!
We’d love to hear from you if you can tick “yes” to all, or most of the following:
- at least five years of experience in a risk and compliance related role, a project management, or a high level administrative role.
- experience working in a newly developed role, where you are required to set the strategy and then deliver on the strategy
- excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills, and a good sense of humour
- proactive, agile, tech savvy, detail-focused and highly organised
If you think we could be right for each other, then please send your covering letter and CV to Anna Holland-Waterson (HR Manager) at email@example.com by Tuesday, 28 September 2021.