- Law Clerk positions with real career opportunities
- Mentoring in a broad range of legal areas
- Busy, fun, and friendly environment
Gibson Sheat is a long established and well-respected law firm which provides a broad range of legal services for its business and personal clients. We have offices in Wellington, Lower Hutt, and Masterton.
We are looking for two Law Clerks to join our busy, fun, and friendly Masterton office. Law Clerk will work in our Estates and Elder Law team, and one will work in our Property Law team.
Although you will either be part of the Estates team or the Property team, you are also likely to gain experience in a wide range of other areas too, including relationship property, trusts, employment, and general commercial work. You will report to one main team leader, but you’ll have the opportunity to learn from several other senior authors and secretaries. You’ll learn valuable skills which will help you set your legal career on the right track. We are also passionate about career progression so you will have an opportunity to learn and grow within your role and beyond.
We are looking for the kind of person who wakes in the morning wanting to go to work and be surrounded by people who enjoy their jobs and work hard to exceed their clients’ expectations. We’re also looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about the Wairarapa region and plans to settle in the region for the long term
- Wants to grow their legal career and become a trusted and respected lawyer, in the Wairarapa region
- Has completed their law degree and would be ready to start in February 2022. (Ideally you would have completed profs too, but this is not essential.)
- Has excellent research skills, is methodical, logical, and accurate
- Thrives on new experiences and opportunities – that is, you have a “can do”, “will do” and a “just do it” attitude.
Although we are ideally looking for Law Clerks, we welcome interest from other lawyers who may be further on in their legal careers.
If you are interested in one or both of these exciting roles, please send your CV, covering letter and academic transcript to email@example.com by Monday, 6 December 2021.
(If you have a preference of working in Estates law or Property law, please clearly state this in your covering letter.)